Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | Hy Power Antenna Company - Dipoles Help

Show all reviews of the Hy Power Antenna Company - Dipoles

You can write your own review of the Hy Power Antenna Company - Dipoles.

NB3R  Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2013 12:53  Send this review to a friend!
Good quality and service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have purchased many antennas from Hy Power.

At the time of Hurricane Sandy I had two antennas supported by trees. A Tri-WARC (30,17,12) and an OCF 80. Sustained winds in our area, during the storm, were 65mph for several hours with gusts of 90mph. The antennas (and trees) survived with no damage. That should give you an idea about the build quality of these antennas.

I am currently using a Fan Dipole (160 to 10), the OCF 80, and a dipole for 160 & 40. All play great. Can't beat resonant antennas.

Barry, the owner, is very knowledgeable and is eager to answer questions. The customer service is great too.

I was first licensed in the fall of 2008. I have 19,000 Qs in my log with 9,300 confirmed in LoTW. I have DXCC on 40, 20, 15, 10, CW, Digital, and SSB. All using Hy Power antennas.

Sure a stack of Yagis on a tower would be better but that is not an option for me.