Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | fldigi Help

Show all reviews of the fldigi

You can write your own review of the fldigi.

M0GJH  Rating: 2/5 Feb 17, 2013 04:33  Send this review to a friend!
Unstable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
At first sight this software (fldigi 3.21.66) appears an ideal choice for someone looking for an easy entry into data modes. Certainly a number of previous reviewers appear to be pleased with its performance.

However, I have suffered multiple crashes, each time losing setup information and macros etc. I am sure that the crashes were due to my inexperience in pressing the wrong keys at the wrong time but that should be not be a reason for the program to bomb out. The last time I used the program I lost my log half way through a competition. There appeared to be no way of retrieving it. There may be a means to keep an automatic backup as you progress, so as to cope with power cuts etc, but I was unable to find it in the manual. If this really is a vulnerability it is inexcusable without there being a big health warning on the label. It should be mentioned that I experienced the same problems on two different computers so I don't believe my setup was at fault.

On a more minor note I found aspects of the manual inadequate. By way of example, in competition mode it is not clear how you set the start counter to 001.

Many aspects of fldigi are well implemented and it is a shame that what appear to be inherent weaknesses let it down. I see little point in spending further time with the program.