Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | DF4ZS RF speech processors Help

Show all reviews of the DF4ZS RF speech processors

You can write your own review of the DF4ZS RF speech processors.

G0VHT  Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2013 11:01  Send this review to a friend!
Excellent, works great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Like many hams, I was concerned with the apparent low audio output from the stock Yaesu microphone which is provided with the FT-817.

After much research and reading many reviews on this very web site (!) I elected to purchase the DF4ZS RF speech processor from Joachim. I was in 2 minds between this unit and the W4RT alternative however 'Waters and Stanton' were asking over 125 to do the same work which I think is a little over priced. The DZ4ZS unit cost less than 69 which included return postage - all in all much better value for your money.

I sent off my mic over to Germany as Joachim very kindly installs the unit for you (my eyes aren't as good as they used to be). Communications with Joachim was a pleasure, he kept me fully up to date and turn around time from posting here in the UK to receiving my mic back was less than 10 days - excellent service and very quick turn around.

The unit has worked superbly, I have not needed to adjust anything apart from turning down the FT-817 mic gain to compensate (max '40' on the SSB mic setting ensures a clean signal). Reports have been very favourable and the difference (using my dummy load with analogue wattmeter) is very easy to see when switching between a spare MH-31 mic and the DF4ZS converted unit.

All in all, I'm delighted, a fantastic customer service experience and a top notch RF processor to boot - if your are considering purchasing this unit, have no fear, it will be the best thing you ever did if like me you are a dedicated QRP SSB man!

Best 73's to all eham fans,