Categories | Keys & Paddles | Vibroplex Double Key (Original Bug / Iambic) Help

Show all reviews of the Vibroplex Double Key (Original Bug / Iambic)

You can write your own review of the Vibroplex Double Key (Original Bug / Iambic).

AE5I  Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2013 21:43  Send this review to a friend!
Quite a Fine Key!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have used and owned various Vibroplex keys as well as others for many years and this one has very quickly become my favorite. The two keys that I find the most useful (a bug and an iambic key) are included in this one key and they are mounted on a nice and heavy steel base. So, along with having my two favorite keys right next to each other, each one is mounted on a much heavier base than a single key would be mounted on. This is an incredibly stable key and it's a pleasure to use!

The fit and finish of the entire assembly are top notch. The chrome plating is really good looking and the parts are all properly aligned and very well built with an overall solid/precision feel. I've used a lot of iambic keys, including more than one Vibroplex, and this iambic has an absolutely excellent feel.

The bug also has a very nice feel and it has an ideal mainspring: just the right characteristics so as to yield a very handy/useful range of speeds.

I have been interested in the Vibroplex Double keys ever since they were introduced, since I usually keep an iambic and a bug next to each other and frequently switch between them. I finally had an opportunity to look them over at a recent hamfest and made my purchase at that time. I am totally happy with the Double key and would buy it again without hesitation.