Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Hi-Q-4/160 MC-1 Help

Show all reviews of the Hi-Q-4/160 MC-1

You can write your own review of the Hi-Q-4/160 MC-1.

AF6OH  Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2013 10:07  Send this review to a friend!
excellent antenna products i would highly recommend them  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used the Hi-Q family of antennas for more than 10 years and have nothing but praise for the quality, price and performance,in my business I supply special communications platforms for the military and have always found these products to perform better than advertised.

I was troubled to find another ham speaking poorly of the company on eHam. His comments are seen below with the response from Charlie at HiQ. Read the for yourself:
He wrote in e-ham Antenna Review, dated 2/4/13
I bought a 4/80 and within 3 mos. The antenna shorted out. I sent the coil back to Hi-Q and after talking with Charlie Gyenes, owner, he said he would replace the coil.
Today, after he told me, he did not have the money to replace the coil for another 6-12 mos.
I told him I would be using a scorpion in the future.

Now read the truth!
The NL7NP Ron Lewis history.

1.His Hi-Q-4/80 antenna is many years old. DID not contact Hi-Q when burned the loading coil.
The arcing occurred due to a DIRTY loading coil (road grime from winter salty road coupled with a FOGGY DAY)!

Hi Q is giving warnings to KEEP the LOADING coil CLEAN!

His coil had 240 ohms on the dirty side and 4.5 mega ohms on the clean (back side).

2.On 12/30 12 he has ordered the Piranha antenna, I extended the Christmas Special offer (that was NOT applicable to the Piranha purchase).
In addition I offered to pay the $50.00 shipping price as a Christmas bonus. Antenna was shipped on 12/31 (Hi-Q is still closed for the Holydays.)

He was in the hurry to get it.

3.By his own mistake did pay the shipping cost, when I noticed that, I told him that I will refund it.
It is this time when he mentioned to me the damaged -4/80 antenna he has.

I asked him to send the COIL only of his Hi4 /80 that needs a new loading coil (at a cost of $300.00) I told him that I will repair it for FREE of charge

($50.00 for shipping he paid) a savings of $250.00!

How many supplier will giveaway $250.00 just because it is at the END of the Holyday season)!

I made it CLEAR that I will DO THAT WHEN I GET THE NEW SHIPMENT OF -4 LOADING COILS AS I HAVE NONE IN STOCK at present!

He said he can wait as he has the NEW Piranha antenna coming.

The coil has not even arrived and he calls if it is ready! He has called 3 times impatiently and I told him each time that it is a $27,000 investment on my part to have a production run and not ready to make the order just to deliver one coil.

I would order a new production run in a MONTH or SO! NOT 6-12 Mos.

He now became belligerent and profane, threatening to badmouth me and Hi-Q thru e-ham e-bay QRZ etc.
He has also used other hams names that he said they told him how bad Hi-Q and Charlie is.
Read his e-ham Reviews and make your own judgment.
I have and always been fair to all customers. I hate when they LIE and cheat!
I will use this MYEHAM format to set the record straight as e-ham DOES NOT allow the manufacturer to defend itself.
If he DOES NOT CORRECT or REMOVE his lies, I shall have my attorney to go after him.
I shall remove this posting after he has removed the e-ham etc. postings, plus send him the repaired loading coil when in stock.

73, Charlie W6HIQ