Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | MFJ-1788 Super Hi-Q Loop Help

Show all reviews of the MFJ-1788 Super Hi-Q Loop

You can write your own review of the MFJ-1788 Super Hi-Q Loop.

VE6EFR  Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2013 15:41  Send this review to a friend!
Outstanding antenna. Worth every penny  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Living in a 16th floor apartment I thought that HF was beyond my grasp. That is when a friend let me borrow his MFJ1786. After using it for a few weeks I was hooked.

I decided to purchase the MFJ1788 because I wanted an antenna that I could use 24/7 instead of being confined to the higher daytime HF bands or running CW on 30 meters.

This antenna does not disappoint. SWR is 1:1 on all bands even though I have a lot of metal nearby such as the balcony rail, rebar in the concrete, etc. So far I have worked 29 countries and counting. Granted, having it mounted on a balcony 160 feet above ground doesn't hurt. I am able to get very similar signal reports as several nearby friends running a G5RV or a full size dipole. If you would like to see a picture of this antenna and how it is mounted look me up on QRZ.

As stated before tuning is a little tricky, but once you get the hang of it it's a snap. This antenna is a great investment and one I would not hesitate to recommend.