Categories | Filters, Audio: (DSP and others) | HiPermite Help

Show all reviews of the HiPermite

You can write your own review of the HiPermite.

K6WHP  Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2013 12:32  Send this review to a friend!
Great Bang for the Double Sawbuck  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As with others, I stumbled across this on the The Four State QRP Group web site and ordered it. I was not sure about whether these were still available or not so, the next afternoon, I sent Dennis Gaskill to see if he got my order and were these still available, etc.

Imagine my surprise when I got an almost immediate response saying that my order had just shipped. It arrived yesterday (03-21-2013) and was assembled in an evening!

The resulting product is very good -- although I still have more testing to do as 40-30-20-15-10 were dead when I wrapped up work on the unit. What few CW signals I did hear benefited greatly form having this unit in line.

A caveat to new builders: some of the caps are non-conventionally marked but the pictures of assembled units help to make this a non-issue. Overall, the components are very good and the PCB is exceptional!

I constructed mine with a 100K pot in lieu of R12 and R13 so I could have an on-board volume control but, at second thought, I just might hard wire the fixed resistors in place and let the radio do the work. The LM386 it controls will provide ear-splitting din however, in case you're wondering.

My sincere thanks to Dennis and the Four State QRP crowd for a real winner!