Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond K9000TM / K9000RLM Motorized Mount Help

Show all reviews of the Diamond K9000TM / K9000RLM Motorized Mount

You can write your own review of the Diamond K9000TM / K9000RLM Motorized Mount.

K7RFW  Rating: 4/5 Mar 22, 2013 18:18  Send this review to a friend!
Works  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I installed this around June of 2012 with a C213SNMO mount and NR770HBNMO antenna (chose that since the others seemed to be more fragile by the reviews). The platform is the forward cross bar of a 2012 Toyota Sienna. We just went through a very cold winter (around 3 deg F at night and 15-25 during the day) where it sat outside at night for part of it and I used it about once a day going into a parking garage for an hour. Since the end of January I have been parking inside at night so it got used at least once a day for that.

The bad. I could not figure out how to get the C213SNMO to fit in the mount. I was talking to the dealer (HRO in Anaheim, CA) and she knew exactly what my problem was since apparently many users have the same issue. It does not fit the way you would expect, but I did get it up using her advice and it is stable.

Another issue, I wish there was a way to tell if the antenna is up or down, other than looking outside.

And a final issue, according to what I read from Diamond, this antenna is only meant to be used where water stays liquid. I bought it based up on what other folks in cold icy/snowy areas said about it.

I did use some dielectric compound (STUF) in the antenna base since I did not like the way it was open to salt water intrusion, and it seems to be holding up, even at 80 MPH (legal speed) into a head wind and various hail, rain, and other weather including snowplows tossing a wave of gunk on me from the other side of the freeway.

I marked it as a 4 since the instructions are so poor and I am not happy with the way the antenna, cable mount, and 9000 mate.

Ray