Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | Elecraft KX3 Help

Show all reviews of the Elecraft KX3

You can write your own review of the Elecraft KX3.

N2DE  Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2013 02:07  Send this review to a friend!
7P8US Adventure  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Last month, on a "vest pocket" DX expedition to Lesotho, I used my Elecraft KX3 with the Begali Advenure paddle. Since I was the only operator I also had a Begali CW Machine to do my logging. By the time I arrived in Roma, the equipment had traveled more that 2000km by car through South Africa with many hours on teeth rattling dirt roads. The KX3 performed flawlessly for the 3 days that I was active, running 40 QSO's per hour on average with less than spectacular propagation conditions. It is a great radio that completely lets you forget that you are running low power. I donít think a higher powered setup could have produced more contacts, and it certainly would have been a lot less comfortable to drag around on this trip. The KX3 is rapidly becoming my favorite radio even in a much more comfortable armchair back home.