Categories | Antennas: HF Directional: Yagi, quad, rotary dipole, LPD, etc | Hexbeam: by K4KIO Help

Show all reviews of the Hexbeam: by K4KIO

You can write your own review of the Hexbeam: by K4KIO.

NN2X  Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2013 18:26  Send this review to a friend!
Compared HEX With Mono Bander  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My second review...But this time, I had to make some comparisons..I have a 3 Element Mono Bander from High Gain (12 FT Boom) at 50FT, and HEX beam at 25 FT...(You can see on my QRZ WEB Page). There is very little difference, simply stated, and if I had the ability to raise the antenna (HEX) beam to 50FT, there would be no difference..For the record, the Hex beam is about 1 S Unit less then the Mono bander, but it is about 25 FT higher..I am working DX, and local (Look at my LOG)...Bottom line, my tower, and mono banders cost nearly 7,000 (USD), while the HEX beam set up with 70 (USD) Mast, Radio Shack Rotor, and the HEX beam, all less the 1000 (USD)...Amazing...Amazing...If I purchased the Mast for 50FT (100 (USD)..I know for a fact, that the Hex Beam would perform as well as the MONO Bander...(Just 6,000 (USD) Less!)Awesome!