Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | Sony ICF-Pro 80 Help

Show all reviews of the Sony ICF-Pro 80

You can write your own review of the Sony ICF-Pro 80.

KB3LKS  Rating: 4/5 Mar 25, 2013 19:32  Send this review to a friend!
Great audio / Handsome Sony  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I got mine from France with original box and new capacitors just replaced. Note: there have been reports of the original electrolytic caps leaking. This can be foreseen if the seller is claiming low volume. Mine were replaced by the seller. The audio is fantastic. Very simple radio to use and programming is a snap. I use it for a bedtime radio and for 75/80 meters and 40 meters (SSB). It has push button tuner and in 5 kHz steps. However it has a fine tune control knob on the top of the radio. So you push up/down till you copy and tune with the rotary knob. For shortwave as mentioned above I would give this radio a 5. However the scan rate is very slow and the higher frequency ranges require switch changing and a shift adapter . Hence if your scanning for the air band 108-134 it takes minutes for it to cycle. As a scanner I would rate as a 3. In close i really like mine for what I use I for. Great broadcast great FM and fantastic audio on the SSB ham bands.