Categories | Antenna Analyzers | RigExpert AA-30 Antenna Analyzer Help

Show all reviews of the RigExpert AA-30 Antenna Analyzer

You can write your own review of the RigExpert AA-30 Antenna Analyzer.

M0AZE  Rating: 4/5 Mar 27, 2013 13:20  Send this review to a friend!
Every ham should have one  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the AA-30 and what immediately struck me was how compact and light the unit is. Very easy to use 2 x AA battery cells that last a fair time or powered via USB from your computer.

One of the other main considerations was to connect the AA-30 to my Apple Mac. This is where the reality did not match my expectations! After much head scratching and e-mails with the Ukaine the solution was to install and run a Windows emulator on the Mac (Wine and X11). The supplied software is not Mac OSX. So Mac users please be aware as the unit is advertised as compatible with Mac OSX.

The other consideration is this model has no memory functions. The next model up (AA54) does and I did not realise this until after purchasing. Not a big deal as long as you can connect to your PC and store files that way. For those of you on Windows you should not have the same issues as I. If it were really packaged to run on Mac OSX then I would have given this a 4.5 rating and with memories a 5.

Every ham should have one, you begin to realise the reality of whats going on when constructing and measuring your antennas performance. My multi band trapped dipole will have to be replaced, always thought it was lacking and now I know exactly why. Something not so obvious when i built the antenna using the MFJ 269. This unit plots a lovely graph. But the MFJ still has a role to play and is nowhere near ready for the scrap box even after 20 years.