Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | Ten-Tec Omni-VII Help

Show all reviews of the Ten-Tec Omni-VII

You can write your own review of the Ten-Tec Omni-VII.

KA4UPI  Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2013 06:19  Send this review to a friend!
Love the Omni VII  Time owned: more than 12 months
My first Ten-Tec rig and I really like everything about it. I like the menu driven interface, the ability to update the firmware, and all of the other features. I was a little sceptical of it at first since I work mosty CW and digital modes but it quickly proved itself. The more I use this radio the more my other rigs sit collecting dust. I use HRD with it and have had little to no issues with it interfacing. You can tell that this is a very high quality made radio for the price range. I plan to install the two 300 and 500mhz Collins filters this weekend since I operate CW so much but even without them it really performs great and the QSK is exeptional. I never realized how well QSK is when working CW. You won't miss a thing with it. I typically don't do reviews and such but I had to give Ten-Tec thier dues on such a quality radio. This is definitely my primary radio from now on.