Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | DX Engineering MBVE-1 Help

Show all reviews of the DX Engineering MBVE-1

You can write your own review of the DX Engineering MBVE-1.

KK8ZZ  Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2013 14:11  Send this review to a friend!
Great Performance !  Time owned: more than 12 months
With the caveat that it is the spring DX season and propagation is always iffy, I have to say that in the two March DX competitions, I found that this ground-mounted DXE vertical more often than not bested the SteppIR 3 element vertical at 35 feet above the house. Certainly the low-angle radiation pattern is at work here, but for the $$ invested in this antenna, radial plate, balun and radial field, it is certainly a winner on 40-20-17 meters. Your mileage, of course, might vary. On the obverse side, I can't load this bugger on 75 no matter what.

I no sooner posted the previous review before I received a great email from Bob at DX Engineering, offering to help with my "can't load on 75" problem. By extending the feedline from 75 feet to 150 feet, I can now not only easily load up on 75, but I've been able to work stations on 160 as well ! New band for me ! BIG THANKS to Bob and the gang at DX Engineering for their help, thoughtful suggestions, and quick solutions. I've always loved to deal with the guys at DXE, but this great experience truly exceeds any expectations I ever could have had !