Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | Softrock Ensemble II Built Radio Help

Show all reviews of the Softrock Ensemble II Built Radio

You can write your own review of the Softrock Ensemble II Built Radio.

KJ9T  Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2013 05:11  Send this review to a friend!
This very small SDR Receiver is truly Amazing!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Ensemble II, built and tested by Tony Parks, arrived at 10:00 AM. I installed the unit and had it on the air by 10:30 AM. I must admit that I hv run a Flex since 2006 and hv experience with the SDR's which made the installation a no brainner. I compared the receive quality to my Flex 5000, switching between the two instantly. If I close my eyes, I cannot discern any difference between the two. I am running the PowerSDR v2.4.4 software on Windows 7 with the Softrock and I installed it on an XP machine also and it wrked equally well. The panadapter view is identical to my Flex 5000. I am a happy camper. It wud wrk well married to any conventional transceiver with a T/R relay. The only observaton that I want to call to ur attention is that an image of the synthesizer is down abt 8kc from the received frequency. I do not find this objectionable. Tonite I paired it up with my Icom 706M2G with an interface that I put together and it wrked flawlessly with the features of the Flex. The best of all worlds. Nice Job, Tony!