Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | Alinco DX-SR8 Help

Show all reviews of the Alinco DX-SR8

You can write your own review of the Alinco DX-SR8.

KC2YAV  Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2013 20:46  Send this review to a friend!
Great Rig!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
When I upgraded to General class I purchased this rig because I was new to HF and wanted a "entry" level transceiver. I knew purchasing it that it was not the best rig out there but because of the price I decided to purchase it. I am very pleased with the radio and its performance. Is it easy to use?..YES! The only thing I think is bad about rig is that you have to open rig to adjust mic gain, beep volume, side tone, and the "super low" QRP power. The other thing that I do not like is the lack of accessories that can be added. The rear of radio is very basic. No ALC or multiple pin ACC connections or anything of that nature. The receive is surprisingly good for radio. I live close to Albany NY and can listen in to NYC AM radio broadcasts with no problem. I am definitely upgrading to a different rig, NOT because the Alinco DX-SR8 does not perform well. I will always keep the DX-SR8 as back up rig and possible Field Day rig. I definitely enjoy my rig and do not regret the purchase. Once again for the price I give it a #5! 73-KC2YAV