Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Hexbeam: by K4KIO Help

Show all reviews of the Hexbeam: by K4KIO

You can write your own review of the Hexbeam: by K4KIO.

NN2X  Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2013 03:58  Send this review to a friend!
Compare HEX Beam Mono Bander  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have spent amble money, time, and effort..But I have now concluded the following about the K4KIO Hex Beam

I have a 3 element Mono Bander, at 16 Meters (Or about 50 ft)

Also, a Hex Beam (K4KIO) at 13 Meters (Or about 40FT) / (I had a 25 FT Mast and changed it out to a 40Mast)..(Note the K4KIO is a modified Hex Beam)

There is such a slight difference between the Mono Bander and the Hex Beam (K4KIO) it is in reality unmeasurable, this is for Long haul DX and Short Haul communications.. Maybe there is a half S Unit, and best...I will have to assume, that if the Hex Beam (K4KIO) was up at 16 Meters (ABout 50ft) there would be no difference..The point here is the tower, and the concrete, and the heavy rotor for the 3 element Mono Bander, cost with labor 7,000 (USD), whereas the Hex Beam (K4KIO), mast, rotor and labor cost 850 (USD)..

Since most Ham are hard to convince, I offer the following

If any one desires me to do a test on 15 Meters with your station, just send me an emai
(tom.wright@newsat.com)...and we will set up a schedule..