Categories | Antenna Tuners | MFJ-998 IntelliTuner Help

Show all reviews of the MFJ-998 IntelliTuner

You can write your own review of the MFJ-998 IntelliTuner.

K6CTA  Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2013 13:50  Send this review to a friend!
1.5 Year Review  Time owned: more than 12 months
After using the MFJ-998 for over 1 1/2 years, I can still say that I am very pleased. I have had zero issues with it, and have used it on 80-10 with up to 1.5kw for extended periods of time in all modes. I know that MFJ can be a controversial subject (and one that gave me pause before my initial order), but it has been a very cost effective addition to the station. I still stand by my comments in my initial review - " Iíve used the tuner on CW, SSB and RTTY at full power with no issues. There are a lot of features to the 998, but it is easy to use. The convenience of having an auto-tuner is a huge improvement in operating. Iíve had no difficulty in the tuner finding a match. I must say that I have been pleasantly surprised. You do need to understand its limitations, and how it works. It may not be the fanciest looking piece of equipment I own, but it certainly does its job, and so far, does it quite well."