Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | Kenwood TS-590S Help

Show all reviews of the Kenwood TS-590S

You can write your own review of the Kenwood TS-590S.

KB5PQL  Rating: 4/5 Apr 8, 2013 17:00  Send this review to a friend!
Good Rig  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The receiver on this radio is equal to my Icom 7700 after it's properly adjusted. All of the positive points that others have said about this radio are correct. However, this review is about the SSB relatively low power output problem compared to other radios. Mine came with low PEP and average power levels (according to different meters)so back it went to the Kenwood repair center. It arrived back to me with excellent output power (over 100w) on all bands and the average level is now up there with my TS-850S. Kenwood knows about the problem because they were able to fix mine. So far, ALC looks good and all watts are accounted for. The only reason it gets a "4" is because I had to spend $60 for shipping and insurance. The radio is now doing what it's supposed to and it seems to be doing it well. I've even thought about getting rid of all my other radios and keep this one. Yep, It's that good. Receiver is very pleasant to my ears and the Transmitter is now biting hard. Good Luck!