Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Heil Proset Micro PMS-6 \"Dual Side\" Help

Show all reviews of the Heil Proset Micro PMS-6 \"Dual Side\"

You can write your own review of the Heil Proset Micro PMS-6 \"Dual Side\".

ON4VP  Rating: 4/5 Apr 8, 2013 21:10  Send this review to a friend!
Ideal for traveling or potable use  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Besides this Proset Micro dual side I also have the Pro Set Elite 6 that I use a lot at home in the shack. Because all my radios are equipped with DSP transmit audio the choice to buy a lightweight travel headset was easy. This model has the 6-element mounted and therefore must be tailored to your own voice inside or outside the radio.

Radios not equipped with EQ or DSP should benefit more from nr 4 or 5 elements fitted.

Switching between my two headsets for sure the weight reduction is a big plus. It's so light I almost not know that I'm wearing the headset. However due to its feather light weight I find the pressure to my ears just a bit to less.

My proset Elite 6 with big ear pads feels tighter and shuts off more from the environmental noise. Also the speakers are a bit better.

A plus on the Proset micro is that I can swing the boom in a vertical position if I work CW or want to use another mic. I preferred the dual sided speakers since it seems more unnatural to listen with just one ear but I can understand people want to go for single sided just because they won't like to cut off from other audio sources for some reason (use in a car f.e.)

The headset is not cheap but I think it's worth its price. Good materials, sounds really good on the air just like my bigger headset and fits easily inside my luggage while traveling.

I also like the headset for other use (computer or d-star boards) as it has a very natural response thanks to the nr 6 element being wider than those more narrow filtered dx elements.

A good and decent headset for traveling and and portable use.