Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | Yaesu FT-920 Help

Show all reviews of the Yaesu FT-920

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FT-920.

AK6ZZ  Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2013 22:28  Send this review to a friend!
Nice transceiver   Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a mechanics special FT920 about two years ago for $300 and drove it down to Yaesu for repair in cypress. They fixed it for about $200 and now it works great. It was in very nice physical condition when I purchased it, and now wow, it is a real nice rig.

I have it at my inlaws house in Texas and only get out there once or twice a year with my family but when I do it always powers on and it is such a nice radio to operate. The ergonomics are fantastic. The receive audio out of the stock speaker is very good. I also like the DSP and I think it is really effective.

I use an elecraft K3 at my home and it is awesome and in a different class of receiver but for $500 you can't compare the two transceivers. But if you get a chance to purchase one for about $500 it will be money well spent. This is a great rig for a second QTH or as a backup without a doubt.