Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | S9v 43' vertical Help

Show all reviews of the S9v 43' vertical

You can write your own review of the S9v 43' vertical.

WD4DC  Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2013 15:20  Send this review to a friend!
Radials, Radials, Radials  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If you're willing to take the time and energy to put out a good amount of radials (I have about 40 of varying lengths, some resonant, some not), then you won't be disappointed one bit by this easy to used antenna. When I first installed it (by myself, which was EASY, by the way), I only put out about 12 radials, resonant on 80 and 40 meters, in particular. At that point I was fairly happy with it's performance vs my G5RV inverted V. But the more radials I laid down, the better it got. This afternoon I nailed some DX that I had not even HEARD before. Japan, Samoa, among others. Granted, they are only half-way around the world from me, but who's counting? Keep in mind also...I'm running barefoot from an Icom IC746-Pro, about three miles from the west coast of Florida, so the ground plane here is already somewhat good. You gotta help it along, though...no matter where you are...unless you live right on the salt water, I suppose.

The antenna went together and was erected (make your own jokes) in the space of one hour. With a couple logical steps, it's quite easy for nearly anyone to install without help, although it might be fun to see some of my ham buddies be jealous of how simply EASY this antenna is to put up.

It tunes up easily on my rig using just the internal tuner...but again, I attribute this to the amount of radials I have.

I'm very happy with this antenna. I'm looking forward to finally confirming some DXCC's...it should be quite easy now!!