Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond SRH519 HT Antenna Help

Show all reviews of the Diamond SRH519 HT Antenna

You can write your own review of the Diamond SRH519 HT Antenna.

KC8RZO  Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2013 07:53  Send this review to a friend!
So far so great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned this antenna for almost 12 years now, since autumn of 2001. It was fantastic at the time, as a difficult to find SMA connector upgrade for the rather poor duck on my old HTX-245. There are probably many more options today.

It has NOT been well treated but has taken the abuse it's been given. And frankly it has been abused. I'm sorry to see some folks have broken theirs from falls. I've dropped this tons of times and it's still going strong. The text on it has worn off, the whip has a bend now, the connector is still in good shape though. Still gets very very good reception and TX for local repeater work and the occasional hookup in the car to the larger diamond I have.

I use a fair amount of 70cm and this has been the best 70cm I've tried. I have since found a few other antennas that give similar or slightly better 2m results, but at the cost of replacement isn't worth it for my aged HTX.

An excellent buy that I am very happy with still.