Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | Yaesu FTDX-3000 Help

Show all reviews of the Yaesu FTDX-3000

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FTDX-3000.

KD2CJJ  Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2013 17:39  Send this review to a friend!
Wow... All I can say!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was torn between the FTDX3000, K3 and KX3.... I ruled out the KX3 as I came to the conclusion I wanted a full size rig..... I then had to rule out the K3 really just because of cost. Once I added all the options (IF out & Tuner)I wanted it was significantly more... Add the frills which are nice to have (USB, Band Scope) the Yaesu just won my business.

Coming from a IC7000 I know its hard for me to review such a rig... But I can honestly say that the rig is just night and day in all accounts (except the Noise Blanketer, I will get to that). I absolutely love the ergonomics, the screen is crystal clear,and honestly this is by far the quietest rig I have ever heard; and its not deaf!! It just knows when to pull in the signal and wipe out all the noise. It has a super sensitive receiver but just again can wipe out the noise. Until you use the rig you wont know what I am talking about. I love the USB CAT and AUDIO IN/OUT feature - Digital is a pleasure now!! The band scope is far better than the IC7000 as it does not interrupt the audio, I also love the fact it comes with a IF out port which can be used with PAN adapter (ie P3 by Elecraft) or even your computer with the proper converter box. Absolutely the only complaint I have is with the noise blanketer. It is not as effective as on the IC7000 - but the IC7000 was made to be in a car thus I suspect they invested a fair amount of time... everything else just works real real well....

Wow... All I can say!