Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface Help

Show all reviews of the Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface

You can write your own review of the Signal Link USB Computer-Radio Interface.

K0NHV  Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2013 10:23  Send this review to a friend!
I dunno....(followup)  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The problem I was having was the "jittery" vox indicator in the EchoLink software. I had the settings maxxed out and the vox threshold "slider" at 50%. This was unacceptable because (1) there was a lot of false triggering going on and (2) unless the vox delay on the Signalink was all the way up, signals would drop out and get choppy because I couldn't get enough audio to stay above the threshold.

But, I didn't give up! I grounded the case of the Signalink to the case of the link radio and checked the box under Setup>Audio that says "300hz TX High-Pass Filter". The grounding made a big difference and the filter was the finishing touch!

Now the settings are more than acceptable and the vox threshold "slider" is at 15%!

The link works great!

Not sure why grounding the Signalink to the link radio made such a difference, but I'm not complaining. Can't believe I was smart enough to do that...

Since I'm the only EchoLink user with a review here, I hope this helps others with the same issue I was having. 73!