New to Ham Radio?
DX Cluster Spots
eHam Help (FAQ)
Support the site
The eHam Team
Show all reviews of the CT 599 Dual Lever Paddle
You can write your own review
of the CT 599 Dual Lever Paddle.
May 2, 2013 00:27
Send this review to a friend!
Nice for price
Time owned: 0 to 3 months
+ Base weight
+ Ball bearings (4 pcs)
+ Silver Contacts
+ Packaging is vwry heavy.
+ Individual named label.
+ Have no competitors in the price range
+ Absolutely adequate interaction with the seller
Cons: (if you find fault)
- In the general speaking, the quality of the mechanics have something to complain about
- The main problem - wobble side "cubes" (holding the terminal screws). Because of this when setting up the "the paper thickness space" all gaps are beginning to vary because the underneath insulators is crappy.
- Ball bearing egligible vertical play of the left arm.
- Alignment screw hangs in the thread.
- No choice of blades (only dull plex)
- Dust unprotected performance
- 4 rubber feets is wobbling too (because of rubber flexibility). Replaced it to 3 solid rubber feets.
What would I have altered:
~ Isolators under the islands have to do in their entire area and solid material
~ Replace central alignment screw to twoo independent srews for each one arms.
~ Twoo contact points for each arm to avoiid vertical arm wobbling at all (Frame on top).
~ Exact selection of ball bearings to avoiid vertical arm wobbling at all.
* Changed plastic insulators under cube contacts to textolite puck (now all solid and securely)
* Reel the aluminium foil to all threads to avoid srew wobbling.
* Replace plex paddles to the nice hard wood.
This is my first key, so I do not know how workmanship at Begali, Kent and so forth ... but I hope that a lot better. Too many hemorrhoid to the user requirements of a beginner it's overkill. I began to study it with 14 WPM, imagine how all these clearances and approvals are felt by 25 WPM. If for € 200.00 you can get something more accurate then I probably made for the 2nd option. Although after full adjustment CT599 is a fairly advanced by the model is constructive, but brings the attention to detail - squalid plastic insulators because of which a huge backlash islands play a bolt of convergence in the thread, the left arm bearing play (this is complicated and "incurable") and the most expensive to produce - a thin customization lack.Very sad of backlash bearing left arm. Although the right pair is holding strong.
Product is in production.
You are not subscribed to this review.
If you have any questions, problems, or suggestions about Reviews
please email your Reviews Manager