Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | Pixel RF PRO-1A & 1B Shortwave Magnetic Loop Antenna Help

Show all reviews of the Pixel RF PRO-1A & 1B Shortwave Magnetic Loop Antenna

You can write your own review of the Pixel RF PRO-1A & 1B Shortwave Magnetic Loop Antenna.

JRT3  Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2013 07:05  Send this review to a friend!
Still great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Pro-1a is still working fine after over two years of use. It weathered a near-miss by an F4 tornado 1/12 quite well, too, although the same can't be said for my neighbors (I lost a couple of shingles, wind chimes, tree branches, and power - I was blessed!). I didn't have a 12V power inserter, so I was unable to use my back-up battery during that and subsequent power outages. Doug at Pixel did tell me the amp would work on 12V and that they have such a power inserter.

It still nulls the house generated QRM quite well, while additional powerline work resulted in more 'sources'. You have to null the worst offender - it cannot get them all! I am still pleased with my purchase - and I am considering upgrading my loop to the Pro-1b (The pre-amps are similar.). It's just hard to replace something that works as well - and has weathered quite well, too.