Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Alpha 8410 Help

Show all reviews of the Alpha 8410

You can write your own review of the Alpha 8410.

N3EON  Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2013 10:53  Send this review to a friend!
Simply Impressive  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I finally made the decision to purchase an Alpha amp. I wanted legal limit capability with headroom to spare. I thoroughly researched the "contenders" and decided to go with Alpha, due to its stellar reputation, quality workmanship and customer service. It was not an easy decision by any means as the amp represents a major financial commitment. The people at Alpha quickly responded to my questions. There was never a hard-sell to their communications with me. I even talked with Alpha's new CEO, Joe Jurneke, who was extremely helpful and made quite a first impression. The amp was delivered in a few days by FedEx. The packaging for the amp and the heavy transformer was excellent. After installing the transformer, I made the few connections. Since I studied the amp's manual, I was ready to put it into service immediately. Tune-up is very easy with the help of custom settings for each band provided by Alpha. With 30 watts in, I got 1500 watts out. Feedback on the signal strength and quality of the amplified signal were uniformly positive. The amp is visually stunning and draws attention on the operating desk. It's everything I expected from a world-class company.