Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | AFEDRI SDR-NET Help

Show all reviews of the AFEDRI SDR-NET

You can write your own review of the AFEDRI SDR-NET.

KJ6BBS  Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2013 21:42  Send this review to a friend!
Great Radio and Great Price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My first SDR, so I don't have much to compare it to in that realm, but I gave this radio a 5 because for its price point against all the other steeply priced SDR's out there this radio did not disappoint in performance.

The radio is quiet and there is no front-end interference. It picks up everything my transceiver does (Yaesu FT-897D), and picks up a lot more than my Icom RC-20 (a noisy front-end radio).

The aluminum case is strong, and has clean construction. Ports for ethernet, power, and USB are sturdy. SMA connector on back is stable as well. Nice bright status lights on the front.

I tried it out with several software interfaces, starting with SDR-Console ver. 1. This is not recommended, but some folks have had much success getting this to cooperate with the radio connection. On the other hand, SDR-Console ver. 2 was easy to connect up, on the USB, but I still have to resolve how to get the Ethernet connection to talk to it. Speaking of Ethernet connections, if you are going to be using the direct connection from SDR to Ethernet port on PC, be prepared to troubleshoot if you're not network savvy. I got this to work, with some help from the maker of the radio, and he spent a good hour walking me through the set up, and it worked great in HDSDR (formerly WinRadio). HDSDR is the best performing of the all the software, and connects up easy to the radio.

Overall, not a single gripe about this radio. I love it, and I am considering getting a second one. If you want a good SDR radio for a reasonable price the AFEDRI-Net is the way to go.