Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Buxcomm Windom 80-6 meters Help

Show all reviews of the Buxcomm Windom 80-6 meters

You can write your own review of the Buxcomm Windom 80-6 meters.

NG2O  Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2013 11:20  Send this review to a friend!
Works well, well made  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works as advertised. I have it mounted on a pole on the roof peak, roof at 30 feet, antenna at about 42 feet, inverted vee configuration. Low SWR on 80, 40, 20, and 10m. About 2:1 on 17 and 12m. Quite a bit higher on 30 and 15, but the tuner in my TenTec Omni VII handles it just fine. In a couple of days, I have worked all continents, and lots of DX in the CQM CW contest. It is more broad-banded than a commercial multi-wire antenna I used last summer. I think (not scientific, but my impression) it works better than the R8 and R6000 verticals that I have used in the past, and it's easier to put up and take down. Also quieter than the verticals.

Construction seems fine. None of the problems voiced by reviewers in the past.

I have always been skeptical of the windom, but I'm satisfied now that it is a great compromise antenna for HF 80-10 (I haven't tried 6 - I have a small beam for 6, hi) in my situation: not much land, no desire for big installations, no towers to climb, tunable with the tuner in my rig.

GIve one a try.