Categories | Filters, Audio: (DSP and others) | bhi NEIM1031 Help

Show all reviews of the bhi NEIM1031

You can write your own review of the bhi NEIM1031.

MM0OVV  Rating: 4/5 May 13, 2013 04:36  Send this review to a friend!
You'll be lost with out it  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First of I'm going to start with the Negatives of this little device.
The little box is light and is a bit cheap and plasticky looking.
Which on first impressions doesn't fill you with much confidence.
When mines first came it didn't work out of the box, a phone call to BHI and it was sorted.

They had got a batch of power leads from China and the Crimping was sub standard.

The chap I spoke to new right away what the problem was as he had had to go through a batch of product to replace the power leads.

He offered to send me out a new lead and he explained how to fix it with a soldering iron which I did easy enough.

However the thing that will annoy you the most about this little device is the filter level control (knob).

It keeps falling off.

It's a little ( too little for my big hands) Gray knob that has 8 sections 0 - 7 that is used to give you more or less filtering.

Ironically it's the smallest knob on the device that's used the most.

The knob fits into the electronic device underneath it like a key with little plastic cog.

The problem with the design of the little knob and device underneath is that it's designed really just to calibrate something and then for the little device to be left alone.

Here it's the knob that's used the most.

I suspect because of what it does they can't find a device more suited to the job.

But I wished they could as it really lets the side down.

Now for the positive.

This little device with the Gray knob that keeps falling off ( oh by the way don't make the same mistake that I almost did and think you can fix the problem with super glue. Chances are you won't get it to turn again.).

Where was I ... Yes this wonderful little thing breathed a new lease of life into my radio.

Yes folks it really does work.

There are enough utube examples to go and have a look at and what you see and hear does work.

I have a TS 2000 and it really makes my radio sing.

For thoughts that haven't used one they can be a bit noisy but the 1031 will allow you to hear signals a lot better.

It's a bit like listening to one of the more recent newer rigs that have just come out with there up to date DSP a nice low noise floor level.

Am I saying this would replace you purchasing a 3 or 4 grand rig no I'm not but the 144 is well worth the money.

And I can guarantee it will put a smile on your face.

I should say at this point that it takes a bit of playing with the controls for a time to get the best out of it and for you to get your ear used to it.

I would suggest not to over drive it and to keep the overload red LED off just.

I would be lost without it now and perhaps the chaps at BHI will see this review and maybe be able to do something about the little Gray knob.