Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | W3HM Radio Restoration Services Help

Show all reviews of the W3HM Radio Restoration Services

You can write your own review of the W3HM Radio Restoration Services.

W2RKJ  Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2013 05:06  Send this review to a friend!
Outstanding  Time owned: more than 12 months
I selected W3HM Radio Radio Labs to perform the service/maintenance on my beloved R-388. The R-388 was already a HOT performer for me but I just wanted peace of mind to have a fresh alignment and add a tap for a panadapter. I was unable to find a sufficient tap myself without degrading the receiver's sensitivity. When I got the receiver back from Howard, an already hot receiver was even hotter. I discovered a slight issue with the PTO after a few weeks. One phone call to Howard explaining the issue and I drove the receiver back to Howard for a recheck. Howard repaired the PTO issue with no questions or issues from him. Howard was a very gracious host both times I was at his lab and took the time to "Take me to school" and teach me a few things on this receiver. I got a follow up call from him to check to see if all was well, which it indeed was. For the rest of you purist out there, here's a short story side comment. Upon arrival at his lab, as I was getting out of my vehicle, Howard was outside using an electric grinding wheel on something. I really didn't pay too much attention to what he was working on but it appeared that he had tools set up on this table. While we were talking, I glanced down to look at what was on the table and what I thought were chrome Snap-on or Craftsman sockets were actually tube shields he was polishing for a A-Line power cord forward restoration. I swear I got goose bumps and I just knew I was in rare company. Once inside he showed us (KN3X)3 A-Lines awaiting pick up from a customer. Those freshly painted St. James gray cabinets and highly polished components were just beautiful.
Thank you Howard, the 4 hour drive to your lab was well worth it indeed.