Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Yaesu VX-150 Help

Show all reviews of the Yaesu VX-150

You can write your own review of the Yaesu VX-150.

N7DMA  Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2013 19:38  Send this review to a friend!
Tough Radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ok. I've had mine for the better part of 12 years, so I guess I can make a fair reviewer now.

Tough little rig! I gotta say, this thing has been through the wringer, and still performs like a champ! I use it for special events, hiking, camping, and a bunch of stuff I don't even remember!

It's been dropped, kicked, rained and snowed on. This is my go-to rig for all my outdoor activities. I beat the crap out of this thing... takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin"!

I bought an FT-60 a few months back, because I wanted a dual-band HT.... and because the accessories fit the VX-150.

So, now, I have an FT-60, and the VX-150. The FT-60 sits at home (afraid to scratch the display face!), and the '150 goes with me, sporting a new Ni-Mh battery pack, along with a dry-cell battery pack as well. All accessories between the two are interchangeable.

They don't make 'em like this anymore. I expect my VX-150 to last many years into the future!

If you can find one used, GET IT! Best HT ever!

The only down side is the SMA antenna connector. Bad move (IMHO), but it still works FB. I use an sma to bnc adapter for my antenna connection.

Get the programming software to make life a bit easier... but it took me more than a decade to make that move!

Karl