Categories | Antenna Analyzers | MFJ-259B Help

Show all reviews of the MFJ-259B

You can write your own review of the MFJ-259B.

KG4NVV  Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2013 10:34  Send this review to a friend!
Fine Piece of Equipment  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my MFJ-259B for about 3 years now and I've been very pleased with it and glad to have it. I used it to tune a vertical antenna I purchased the other day; it is quite accurate with the radio SWR meter agreeing very well with the analyzer! I've also used it to check the SWR for my 6 meter Moxon antenna and my roll-up VHF/UHF J-pole (the VHF part of it anyway, as the 259B doesn't do UHF). While I don't use it every day, it is there when I need it. Also, I find the digital readout very handy as it tells the resistive and reactive components of the antenna impedance.

The 259B may not have all the bells and whistles of other, more expensive analyzers but for a ham on a budget it is a good bargain. Mine seems to be just fine from a quality standpoint, no rattling or erratic operation that I've noticed. I have not tried to use some of the other features it has, such as frequency counting, etc. I'm sorry to hear about the quality issues others have had with their MFJ analyzers, but for the price and with the one year warranty that MFJ offers these rigs are well worth considering.