Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF+UHF models) | Yaesu FT-920 Help

Show all reviews of the Yaesu FT-920

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FT-920.

NW9R  Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2013 11:35  Send this review to a friend!
Great Radio - Period.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Well, I have kicked myself in the butt over and over and over, each and every time I part with a 920 for something with flashiness only to wish and look for another. Why? The 920 has a very stellar receiver. Sure, not a contest radio but I don't contest on a continual basis. Very very quiet receiver, very easy to use, no funny business with goofy DSP filters that make it sound like you are listening in a shower, or muffled, or, you get the picture.

It may by some folks who love to spend $10K on radios, to be old, out of date, etc. but I can tell you, it hears and hears very well and have good reciever performance. For a radio under $1K, you cannot come close.

There is an allure with this radio, I have not quite figured it out. Either the wonderful recieve audio, looks, display, feel, don't know. But it is a great great radio.