Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | ICOM T8a Help

Show all reviews of the ICOM T8a

You can write your own review of the ICOM T8a.

VE3PWR  Rating: 5/5 May 17, 2013 14:39  Send this review to a friend!
Great Tri - Band Handheld  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased this handheld used off Ebay and it works GREAT !!!! The only issue I had when I got it was the internal speaker wasn't working well... The audio coming out of the speaker was distorted... Changed the internal speaker and WOW... That's Better...Nice Receive Audio... I also purchased another battery for it so I can have longer usage time by switching the batteries back and forth as the battery that came with it ( which is actually an Icom battery ) only lasted a few hours off a Full charge.... I also have had Great transmit audio reports as well...
I printed off the manual from the Icom Website so I could program memory frequencies into it and had no problem... The factory antenna works well on ALL 3 bands...
Finally.... The Best for Last.... I only paid $ 70.00 for it and it came with the desk charger too and everything is in Mint Condition !!! If you have a chance to purchase one of these handhelds in Good condition used Go For It !!!