Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | Kenwood TS-440S/AT Help

Show all reviews of the Kenwood TS-440S/AT

You can write your own review of the Kenwood TS-440S/AT.

AE5SB  Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2013 15:26  Send this review to a friend!
Outstanding   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a 440 SAT w/PS at a local hamfest for $400 and I must say it is an excellent rig to about 30 years old. Came with no filters so I installed a YK88C and started to search for a yk88SN as I had just sold one. I discovered a YK88sn-1 will work so for less than $100 more I installed the filters, IC-10 chip-set(from jameco)and USB control interface. Plus a digital mode interface. So for $500 I have a very nice all mode station. I have owned a lot of 430's and I must say the 440 is even better. Oh, a previous owner appears to have fixed the dot problem or this is a late model as the glue is wax(white). I got this in April and it now late May and I am having a blast.
Not I am not a beginner and I don't consider this a starter rig. For those looking at DSP consider the 940 455khz filter in place of the one in the 440. It was already done in this rig and I must say IT WORK!!!
73 all