Categories | Specialized Amateur Communication Products | SMA to BNC Antenna Adapter Help

Show all reviews of the SMA to BNC Antenna Adapter

You can write your own review of the SMA to BNC Antenna Adapter.

K7RNO  Rating: 2/5 May 18, 2013 22:26  Send this review to a friend!
Mine did not work...but it opened a new, better window  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Following the raving reviews, I ordered one for my Yaesu FT-60. It arrived quickly, and that is where the good news end. The rubber bushing of my sample may have been a tad too tall, or it was not glued sufficiently inside, but I could not get the BNC antenna mount to fully engage—the adapter would rotate with the antenna mount and never seat fully.

Steve was very accommodating in suggesting remedies (like cutting off some of the bushing) but at the end offered to take it back for a full refund, which I accepted.

In exchange, I got the Diamond SMAP-BNCJ adapter, a rock-solid design in comparison. It does require an o-ring for my HT to seat properly, but once that is done, it works like a charm, quick, smooth, and without pressure. Sorry Steve, I really wanted to like yours.