Categories | Antenna Tuners | MFJ-989D 3kW Roller Inductor Antenna Tuner Help

Show all reviews of the MFJ-989D 3kW Roller Inductor Antenna Tuner

You can write your own review of the MFJ-989D 3kW Roller Inductor Antenna Tuner.

KE0Q  Rating: 4/5 May 22, 2013 14:42  Send this review to a friend!
Excellent for the Price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a 989D Tuner from GigaParts. The price was very low and I decided to take a chance even after reading some poor reviews. When the tuner arrived I opened it up and thoroughly inspected everything--no loose parts and the solder joints were quite good. Even the finish of the cabinet was good and the lucite front panel is very nice. It's not a Cadillac and it's not meant to be, but it well laid out, and the controls are smooth.

I've only run it using 100 watts without any problems tuning a 43 foot vertical and an inverted L. One thing I do like is the meter in Peak Mode. It seems accurate and easy to read. When I get my amplifier I will will put the power to it and then write another review.

This is my third MFJ Tuner and I've had a number of other MFJ products over the years and never had any problem. MFJ fills a niche for the average Ham with equipment that is affordable. So far I'm satisfied.