Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | Elecraft KX3 Help

Show all reviews of the Elecraft KX3

You can write your own review of the Elecraft KX3.

N0AZZ  Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2013 04:46  Send this review to a friend!
Truely the Best All Mode QRP Rig Ever Made  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I don't give many radios a 5 review and I've had quite a few new radios in the last 7 years. But the KX3 is one that should have a "10" rating if there ever was one. I have the FTDX-5000, 2 K3's Icom's and the KX3 really does have the best receiver of them all on the main receiver. The K3 has the best sub receiver of all radios.

For real QRP rigs and I don't count the Flex's at all because you have to lug a computer around with you so it is worthless for most things. A QRP rig needs to be portable and run on battery power like the FT-817 and IC-703+ both good radios but the 703+ being the best of the 2, I had one till I bought the KX3. Now you can use your iPad with the KX3 for a panadapter, logger, spotting program and I tether it to my Smartphone for instant spots and logging. I use "Pocket SOTA" and SOTA Lite Logging while portable.

All I have ever gotten are excellent reports on the radio from contacts worked audio. In the very beginning there were a few issues but were taken care with firmware released as soon as noted. They continue to this day with added features and improvements on everything that is why most people choose Elecraft the support. The tuner has never had any problems in mine nor anyone's else's I know of on the reflector and will tune at least 10:1 and a few times better than 14:1.

The KX3 seems to be used most of the time now my 4 QRO rigs and 2 amps sit unused for the most part. I trade radios but the KX3 is here to stay till Elecraft brings out a KX4.

If your in the market for a QRP rig look no further this is the #1 rated rig out there and for good reason.