Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | RadioWavz Double Bazooka Help

Show all reviews of the RadioWavz Double Bazooka

You can write your own review of the RadioWavz Double Bazooka.

K4CMC  Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2013 09:28  Send this review to a friend!
Super Performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just bought this antenna in 15 meter configuration at the Knoxville Hamfest for about $40. I put it up at about 30 feet with the ends down slightly. Definitely not at the angle of an inverted v and is almost a flatop. I coiled four or five turns of the coax under the feedpoint since it is apparent that there is no balun provided. I was amazed at the performance on 15. It is flat with 1.2 SWR or less over the entire 15 meter band from 21.000-21.450. Additionally, I am getting 2-3 db better signal reports on JT6 than from my beam antenna to the same stations which really surprised me. I got a report of -02 db from a Japanese station yesterday. My only minor carp is that the end insulators are pretty cheaply made. Would certainly prefer replacing them with ceramic dogbones, but sure can't complain about how the antenna works. Time will tell if the sealing of the coax holds up as this normally is the weak design part of bazooka antennas. Right now I am a really happy camper!