Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | MFJ-1712 Help

Show all reviews of the MFJ-1712

You can write your own review of the MFJ-1712.

KG4OLW  Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2013 10:48  Send this review to a friend!
Great little antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this antenna thinking it was a short stubby antenna. I have a Diamond srh77ca antenna, and while that antenna is great, my cats go nuts for it, and knock the HT out of the cradle and attack it. So I figured a little stubby antenna was just the thing for working Dstar in the house of a DVAP. Little did I know that this antenna actually extends. I tested several of the local repeaters and WX stations, this antenna seems to work just as well as my diamond. It is made of black aluminum and looks very sharp. The action of extending and collapsing the antenna is smooth and has a lot of friction. The antenna seems very well made. I think this antenna will last me a long time, and if it doesn't its only $15.

Another side note, is now I can take the HT to work, without getting the weird looks I get when I walk in with an 18" whip on the ht. Hi HI