Categories | Antennas: HF Directional: Yagi, quad, rotary dipole, LPD, etc | M2 40M1-LA Help

Show all reviews of the M2 40M1-LA

You can write your own review of the M2 40M1-LA.

N0IDX  Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2013 01:59  Send this review to a friend!
Built, works, and looks great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is one long antenna as far as what I'm used to. It's 46 feet across (23 foot turning radius), but it's made extremely well. The truss across the top uses the linear loading rods to keep it strait, and it is strait as an arrow across the entire span making it look great. Just testing it at about 40 feet (final height to be 53 ft.) I had below 2:1 SWR across the entire 40 meter band, and went above that in just a tiny portion of 17M. The final height will even improve that. I pulled it up tied to a rope from the ground and installed it by myself in about 30 minutes. On the air (again just testing) I worked Ireland, Slovania (twice), Columbia, and Hawaii. First call. The instructions were easy to follow and the antenna was complete in about 3 hours including beer breaks. Shipped direct from the factory in two days free. I couldn't expect any more from an antenna like this. Nice job M2.