Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | Tempo (Uniden) 2020 Help

Show all reviews of the Tempo (Uniden) 2020

You can write your own review of the Tempo (Uniden) 2020.

W3SQE  Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2013 07:06  Send this review to a friend!
Winner, winner  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This thing is a real treat. It was given to me by its original owner with the manual, both AC & DC power cords and a dust cover. It is in excellent shape. I had no experience with hybrids until several months ago when I bought a TS-520 that had been reworked and had new tubes. I had always wanted a hybrid.

I learned to tune the 520 and operate it and built a cable to connect my Heil>W2IHY 8Band setup as a mic and got great reports with it.

A month later I get the Tempo which is untouched with original tubes and the original hand mic. I get the same reports perhaps better with the Tempo.

The Tempo has the advantages over the 520 of AM receive and transmission and has two controls for RF receive not just RF gain but one called RF attenuation for greater flexibility.

The receive audio is crazy good too. It has a marker tone to calibrate the dial every 25kc and I always use a hi-fi speaker on my rigs. When you use the cal tone you get great LF when doing this. Sounds like a little sub.

The hybrid dial is neat and this unit is just fun to use. I am grateful to have it. Thanks Dave!

Yahoo Groups has a Tempo 2020 owners forum too