Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | TransWorld Antennas TW2010 Traveler HF Portable Vertical Antenna Help

Show all reviews of the TransWorld Antennas TW2010 Traveler HF Portable Vertical Antenna

You can write your own review of the TransWorld Antennas TW2010 Traveler HF Portable Vertical Antenna.

KJ4YLO  Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2013 19:04  Send this review to a friend!
Amazing Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just closed the books on Field Day 2013. I did FD 2013 and FD 2012 with this antenna. Also numerous weekend beach and mountain trips have been made. Several times i have just set it up in my back yard to continue experiencing my amazement that this small 8 foot tall antenna can perform the way it does. Fellow operators look at it and say - you are working all those contacts on 20 and 10 with that? Just today someone said that 10m was dead. I flipped the switch on the TW control box, changed bands on the radio, found a freq and called CQ field day. I then just ran the contacts until I chose to quit.

I am operational before they can even unpack! I am packed and ready to go home before they can even loosen their ropes.

This is a very pricey antenna and worth the money. I have a very nice LPDA and high quality wires, verticals, etc. It is 2-3 s units down from my LPDA but holds its own with the wires better than 75% of the time.

My only complaint is the control box connectors. I wish it was a molex plug type connector. I have constantly awaited the failure of the factory connectors but can say they have held their own.

Build and finish quality is superb.

I do not hesitate to recommend this antenna.