Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | MOMOBEAM MB-4 12-17 Help

Show all reviews of the MOMOBEAM MB-4 12-17

You can write your own review of the MOMOBEAM MB-4 12-17.

EA3KS  Rating: 5/5 Jun 26, 2013 08:05  Send this review to a friend!
Heavy and good antenna like it  Time owned: more than 12 months
Recently appeared in the market some new manufacturers of HF antennas, and luckily for me , this was at the moment when I needed to buy a new one for the WARC bands.
So after an extensive search among many different brands and models finally the MOMOBEAM brand. caught my attention. I examined features, compared to other brands and models and finally choose this brand considering its good relationship between quality and price. The momobeam MB4-2WARC, was the model that met my requirements. So I ordered it and added to the order the MB5-6, which is the 5 elements for 50 Mhz.
They arrived duly protected in a big wood box. They are built in EU-T6060 aluminium, INOX screws, sturdily built (boom and elements are 2mm thick), and assembling went smoothly as the instructions manual is explicity detailed.
Tuning process perfect!. SWR level is very low in most of the band, gain probably meets the stated specifications of 4.6/4.8 dbd, which are usually the standard for a 2 elements.
Their price is very interesting, 20% aprox. under the prices of its more direct competitor
The 6 m antenna really fantastic and very strong, as it is made with the same material as the HFantennas.
For those having space and a great garden they offer HF monobands arriving to 9 elements!!
I believe that these boys of Momobeam are doing a very good job!
More information will be found in their WEB page.
Luckily. I must punctuate them wth a high score Hi Hi