Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | N0JMY's Hayseed Hamfest Help

Show all reviews of the N0JMY's Hayseed Hamfest

You can write your own review of the N0JMY's Hayseed Hamfest.

K6MJD  Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2013 12:58  Send this review to a friend!
Excellant, Awesome, Fantastic, Terrific, Tiptop  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just can't find enough words to say good things about Tom and Hayseed Hamfest. I have purchased several cap-kits from Hayseed and I intend on purchasing several more.

Communication is excellant. You always receive an email that your order has been received and and an email when your order has been shipped.

The cap-kits include top quality capacitors. While I could spend a lot of time looking for sources of sometimes hard to find caps for old boat anchor radios, it sure is convenient to make one order and have all caps I need for my particular project.

But what doesn't grow on trees these days are the cap-cans. Hayseed produces beautiful cap-cans. These things are works of art! They are drop-in replacements which are dimensionally identical to the originals. No more do I have to abandon the old cap-cans and hang a bunch of electrolytics underneath. The Hi-Viz terminal symbols even match the originals making installation almost ham-proof.

Speaking of quality, when I ordered the kit for my Drake 2-B, Tom emailed me saying there would be a delay because the cap-cans that he received were not up to his standards. He emailed me when he got the cap-cans that met his standards and sent it out right away.

While there are kits for many popular radios listed on the Hayseed Hamfest Web site, if you don't see what you want, email Tom. If he doesn't already have a cap-kit or cap-can for your radio, he will put one together and he doesn't tack on extra for one-off's. I was working on an Hallicrafters SX-62B which was not at the time listed on the Web site. I emailed Tom, let him know what I was looking for, he did all the research and put together a cap-kit for me at no extra charge.

But this is what really sets Tom away from the rest. A few weeks after I received the SX-62B kit, Tom emailed me saying that he realized that he unnecessarily sent and charged me for a few 1600v caps when all that was required was 630v caps. He was letting me know that he already refunded the difference to my PayPal account!

When I was restoring a Fisher 500-C Stereo Receiver, I contacted Tom because the Fisher has four cap-cans. To my surprise, Tom had the cap-cans in stock even though the Fisher has nothing to do with ham radio.

I generally don't write reviews, but when someone impresses me as much as Tom, I felt that I should take the time to do it.