Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Baofeng/Pofung UV-5R Help

Show all reviews of the Baofeng/Pofung UV-5R

You can write your own review of the Baofeng/Pofung UV-5R.

N6DLH  Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2013 12:55  Send this review to a friend!
Amazing for the price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
You cannot beat them for the price. I have had some nice HT's and most of them I have sold. Not much use for them really unless you plan on SAR or CERT work. I have kept my HX-370S because it is a multi purpose, but needed a cheap dual band rig for taking a trip to the west coast. I am amazed for 40 bucks with the programming cable and shipping, how well the little thing works. Just to have some radio's to have for a quick grab and go they will work fine. As far as durability, well I am sure some really hard knocks could break it, but for 40 bucks oh well. TX and RX audio is good. Antenna is not that great, but many of the stock rubber ducks are not any better. Battery life seems good.

The old adage "You get what you pay for" may not applies here. You get a lot more than what you pay for. sure it is not a Motorola, but for half the price of a moto speaker mike you get a heck of a little radio.