Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | Yaesu FT-897 & 897D Help

Show all reviews of the Yaesu FT-897 & 897D

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FT-897 & 897D.

CR7000  Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2013 12:57  Send this review to a friend!
You will not get better in this price range  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Ft-897D gets the great rating, and i am rating it when compared to similar radios in similar price range.

I use this radio, all bands, and on most modes, it does everything it is supposed to.

We all know it is never going to be a contest radio, but i am not a contester, so for my needs it is superb.

I have owned many radios over the years, FT-450D, IC-7000, PRO 3, IC-7600 etc.

I went for this radio which is now my only shack radio, due to myself being a casual user, and i had many thousands of pounds worth of radios in my shack, not being used.

This radio now serves my needs and still gets me as many contacts as any other radio i have owned.

I use mine with the SSB filter, FC-30 tuner, and a combination of the MH-59 and MD-200 microphones, i also listen to it through the MLS-100 speaker.

All the products above work very well together and i could not ask for more.

I achieve the same results with this setup, and still make the same amount of contacts, and the same distance all over the world, and i also have a nice amount of money put aside from selling all my other kit.

Remember i am rating this on my personal needs, and not those of a big gun contest station

A sure 5 for me as this is the best in its bracket by far.