Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Alpha 9500 Help

Show all reviews of the Alpha 9500

You can write your own review of the Alpha 9500.

K5KC  Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2013 14:56  Send this review to a friend!
Superior Performance  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am generally slow to write a review, just because reliable performance over time is exceptionally important to me. My Alpha 9500 performs flawlessly, so much so that I simply take it somewhat for granted. It ramps up the output power quickly as the input power is adjusted. I definitely want to stay under 1500 watts, and over 1000 watts. As a result, input power of 30 watts or less is used and set on a band by band basis. The automatic tuning is right on the money every time for every band. I've had friends use the station at 35 wpm and higher (I'm generally in the mid-twenties) with no concerns. This is just exactly what I wanted - an amp that works every time - perfectly. The fault protection is excellent (faults always seem to be due to some error by me), the four coax outputs are handy, and the manual tuning capability is nice. Also, I REALLY like the ability to get questions answered, the newsletter, and firmware updates / improvements. But, reliability is #1, 2, and 3 for me. The 9500 has it.